Friday 17 April 2015

Final Piece


For my final piece I decided to create a series of photographs using the David Hockney technique in order to present them in an more interesting and creative way. To decide on which photographs I would use, I decided to use 2 street photographs and 2 rural photographs as this would should the differences in contrast such as the colours and the elements which form part of the photograph. As well as this I decided to use the photographs which I thought were most successful within this unit.


This is the first piece which will contribute to the final piece. This piece is one of the street photographs, I used this as I felt this was extremely successful in terms of composition and colour. I thought this would work well with the David Hockney effect too due to overlapping the content of the photograph such as the buildings and the people within the foreground. Overall I think this photograph works well in this technique and to form part of the final piece, especially as this further enhances the colours within the photograph. 



This is the second street photograph used as part of the series for this final piece. This photograph is different from the first street photograph in terms of location and the elements this focuses more on the street and the buildings whereas the previous photograph uses more movement due to the people and the cars captured. I felt that this photographed was extremely successful in terms of composition and colour and this shows a range of different elements, providing a broad colour palette. I also felt that this highlighted the urban city well and would contrast the rural photographs extremely well. Overall I think this photograph works well in this technique and this is mainly due to the content of this photograph such as the buildings, roads, signs and the car in the foreground. 



This is the third piece created for the final piece, this photograph is a rural landscape, thus contrasting the previous two street photographs in terms of content and colour. I think that this photograph works well due to the composition and the colour scheme used and the lighting. I think this photograph works well in this technique as the photograph has been cut up easily, displaying an interesting and creative photograph compared to the original photograph. The overlapping areas also create more tones within the colour due them being combined together, thus highlighting different areas of the photograph. 


This is the final piece within the series of photographs used to present the final piece for this unit. I think this is the most successful photograph out of the series of photographs due to the different colours and the lighting which highlights different parts of the photograph, further enhancing the colour of the photograph. I think this technique works well with this photograph due to the composition of the photograph, thus the squares create tones within the photograph, highlighting different areas of the photograph, making this stand out even more, especially compared to the original photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment